You are a new blogger looking at the different mommy bloggers that are making 5-figure monthly salary from their blog. Wondering how are they making this money blogging and I am not. Wishing and hoping that something will spark in one of your blog post to make it go viral. Fantasizing that your blog will get some type fairy dust put on it to get views to your your blog.
Even though you dream of becoming a blogger there is more to blogging than typing words on your computer. I am going to give you 6 Tips On Why You Should Not Become A Blogger
6 Tips On Why You Should Not Become A Blogger
1. Time. If you don’t have the time or not willing to put in the time to work on your blog you should not be become a blogger. Just like with any business you have to put time into it to make your blog to grow. Working on your blog once a week or once a month is not a business for you but a hobby. Blogging requires consistency and having a schedule on what to post, when to post and how often to post. If you want to be a true blogger then you need to put in time to help your blog grow.
Blogging requires consistency and having a schedule on what to post.
2. Not Writing For Your Audience. This will take time to learn if you are willing to read your page reviews. I have put out blog post that I knew was going to get me great reviews and people would love. You not know happen…….. it falls flat. When I write a post that technical or I feel that is to wordy I get all kinds of page review. That is the thing you have to write a blog that caters to your audience.
There is nothing wrong talking about your personal life something but most time readers want something that is important or valuable to them. Think about when you go on Pinterest and search for something. You are searching for something that is valuable to you. Not about little Johnny who lost his first tooth day (not saying little Johnny doesn’t look cute). It is so important to read your audience. This will give you the idea on what to post on your blog and what not to post on your blog.
It is so important to read your audience. This will give you the idea on what to post on your blog and what not to post on your blog.
3. Patience. I know you have read where some bloggers who got 10k view in 1 month. But, what if that does not happen to you. Do you give up…..NO. Blogging is not an overnight success it take a lot of work and patience. If you are not willing to have patience to grow your blog then blogging is not for you. The key thing to remember about blogging is that you are building a brand. With any brand you want to make sure it is a brand that is informative and relatable to the audience of your choice.
It is a hard pill to swallow when you see new bloggers get success so quickly. My recommendation is go to their blog. See what they are doing to get that type of growth. They maybe posting more blog post than you. Or, they may have a title that is more SEO friendly than yours. The key point is to not give up because you did not get 10K in one or even two month. It just to be patient with yourself and your blog and learn from the process.
You want to pick a niche that is easy for you to blog about.
4. Pick A Niche. Some people may go against this but I think it good to have some type of niche in mind about your blog. Picking a niche is a way to target in on the audience you are trying to reach. In addition, you want to pick a niche that is easy for you to blog about. Check out my post about picking a niche right here
For example, I was trying to make my blog a lifestyle blog. I love to cook and try different thing but I dread writing a blog post about it. Taking pictures and writing step by steps instruction was just not my thing. So my blog went neglected. I love to write about blog growth and social media marketing. Teaching other moms how to start a blog. How to reach an audience and how to find the brand that is right for them. When I realize that was my niche I stuck with that niche. Yes, there are time I may have writers block and don’t know what to write about but it does not mean I need to change my niche because of my temporary writers block.
Social Media is the bread and butter for a blogger.
5. Let Your Self Be Known On Social Media. If you don’t like using social media of any kind then blogging is not for you. Social Media is the bread and butter for a blogger. Social Media is how your blog grow, reach new audiences and give you an idea of what you should post onto your blog. There are wide variety of social media to chose from when trying to become a blogger.
The all favorite of most bloggers is Pinterest. Yet don’t sleep on Instagram it has also become very popular with bloggers as well. The thing to remember is to find a social media outlet that you are comfortable with and use that to market your blog. Once you have become comfortable with that social media outlet then go to another social media outlet to reach your audience from there. If you are intimated about social media marketing and how to grow your blog try out Traffic Transformation Guide. It is really great at teaching you how to growing you blog with social media.
What I had to learn is that this is my business and if I want to grow my business then I have to take classes that cost money to help with my blog.
6. Taking Courses To Grow Your Blog. As a blogger I am always taking classes on how to grow my blog. Let’s be honest knowledge is power when trying to grow your business. If you think you can grow your blog by not learning from season bloggers…then you are sadly mistaken. I know……I use to take the cheap way out and look a free stuff online to try get a glimpse on how to grow my blog.
What I had to learn is that this is my business and if I want to grow my business then I have to take classes that cost money to help with my blog. One of the classes I have taken is Adventures In SEO by Lena. It taught me a lot about SEO growth. Venture out in taking paid courses to grow your. The perk of taking paid courses is that you can always go back to them and take refresher on anything you may have missed.
Hopefully these simple types will guide you on whether or not blogging is for you. If this post has help you any way please share.
Until Then My Friend